Saturday, May 12, 2012

Heater Channel Partition Added



I decided to reduce the volume of the heater channel buy adding an additional divider wall between the heater channel and the center divider. Although this is not the original design I believe it will add: little weight, additional stiffness & strength to the rocker panel structure and will increase heat velocity flow by reducing the cross-section of the channel.



Here a cross section of the rocker panel assembly with the additional piece


Here is a picture of the existing remnants of the original rocker panel sheet metal


I bent up a piece of stock to fit the heater channel.

Punched tack holes in the panels...


 ...and tack welded them in place.


 I didn't see a benefit for filling the heater channel behind the door post with hot air (there is nor rear floor heat outlet), so I terminated the heater channel wall construction behind the heater box supply pipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment