Monday, July 9, 2012

Nose Panel Arrives

So here's the front end as it sat after primer...


...here's the new nose panel

Test fitting the panel over the existing nose section. I had assumed the panel would be large enough to cover the whole nose from the lid to the bottom of the skirt, but I was wrong. 

There was a panel that was in the car when I bought it. After some research I found that the panel is the bottom panel of the nose section.
I clamped it up to the upper nose panel to make sure it fit.

I temp mounted the assembly over the existing nose.

Some more exploratory cutting to expose the structure of the body and the extent of the corrosion/rust.  

The inner skirt is shot and needs to replaced. I was going to repair it but I can buy a replacement panel for much less money than what time & effort ...so it goes on the list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment