Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rotisserie

Did more cleaning on the underside of the chassis pan. Waiting on new seat rails to arrive & be welded in before I can undercoat the bottom of the pan.

Inspected the body more closely this week and it's going to need a lot of work on the bottom of the body...rocker panels, forward mount & heater channels at a minimum. Fortunately, most of the panels I need are available from restoration parts suppliers.


After some ought/debate, I decided I needed to fabricate a "rotisserie" capable of securely holding the body and allowing me to turn it to the best position to work on it. I had to extend the height

I started working on the design. I discussed it w/ my brother & sent him a sketch & some pictures I pulled down off of the web.























He pointed out that the pivots were Harbor Freight engine stands. I was able to purchase 2 on sale for less than what the parts/pieces I needed to build one would have cost me.


I had some 2x2" square tubing laying around the garage & was able to fabricate the frame.























































No comments:

Post a Comment