Monday, February 20, 2012

Body on Rotisserie

I moved the body from the wooden stand to the "rotisserie" frame I'd fabricated. In general went well.




I'd decided to use the front & rear body mount hole as the point of connection to the frame. For the support I used 1" dia. black pipe.

Front Mount































Rear Mount









































The rotisserie was basically fabricated using two Harbor freight engine stands with a spreader bar between them. While still on the wooden stand, I hung the front & rear sections of the rotisserie from their mounting bars. I determined that I had to cut 3" from the spreader bar.


After doing so, I tightened everything up, jacked the body up & temporarily supported it with saw horses under the bumpers. I dismantled the wooden stand, jacked up the body again, removed the saw horses and lowered the rotisserie to the ground.




The rotisserie frame is sturdy and rolls easily.

Body on ....ready to move.









































In the garage ready for reconstruction!

No comments:

Post a Comment