Sunday, January 29, 2012

Transport nightmare...

Won't go into alot of detail, but I went with the low bidder on transporting the Ghia from Florida to Massachusetts. I had not shipped a vehicle before. I used a broker named "A-AAA Transport". I did not understand that they were a broker and they had arranged for ARC Transport to haul the vehicle.
Here's the abbreviated email chronology of events:

12/21/2011 - Buyer - Placed order w/ AAA on December 21, 2011 - Scheduled pu for 12/27 

12/28/201 - Buyer - I spoke to the hauler @ 9:30 am today. He said he had one pu on the west coast & was then heading your way.Here are some more #'s @ ARC Transport - Robin - (office) xxx.xxx.xxxx- John (owner cell) xxx.xxx.xxxx Truck Driver - Joe (cell) xxx.xxx.xxxx. Pls let me know when they show up.

12/22/2011 - Seller - I got a call on my cell from “Ian” today just before 2PM. I presume he is with AAA Transport. “Ian” says that pick-up is scheduled for Tuesday, 27 December.

12/27/2011- Seller - So nothing happened today. I called “Ian” at 10:30 AM and he told me that they would contact me in p-u-l-e-n-t-y of time in advance before they show up. He suggested that I go about my business as usual today and to stand by to hear from him/them.So I did. Bummer. Tomorrow’s another day.

12/28/2011 - Seller- No activity, no phone calls, on this end. Did you hear back last evening?

12/28/2011 - Seller - Joe the driver just called ~1:50 PM. Says he’s on his way to Orlando and has a car to pick up there. After that he heads my way to pick up your KG. Joe plans to be here this evening. I asked, “After 6PM?” and Joe said “Yes, definitely.”

12/28/2011 - Seller - Joe has been here since about 8:25 PM. It’s on his truck and ready to go.



12/29/2011 - Seller - So please do let me know when the KG arrives in your zip code. I’ve got so much time invested in this sale and I need some closure.

12/30/2011 - Buyer - It's 5:44 am, on the 30th & still no Ghia. I'll let you know as soon as it been unloaded.

12/31/2011 - The saga continues.....I made repeated calls to Joe (the Driver) this morning and got no return calls back. In frustration, I finally called the owner & he had Joe call me back. I explained to Joe that we needed to know when he expected to deliver the car & I wanted to make sure Joe connected with son-in-law, as he was going to receive the vehicle for me.

I learned that Joe was still in New Jersey this morning & expected to drop the car off no earlier than this evening around 8:00pm. So.....around 5:00 pm, my son-in-law got a call from Joe saying he'd blown a radiator and would not make it up to Massachusetts this evening...new tentative ETA is 2:00 - 4:00 pm tomorrow.

12/31/2011 - Seller - Aaargh...The pink sheet of paper that Stephanie signed that Joe left us says “ARC DOES NOT GUARANTEE DELIVERY ON ANY PARTICULAR SCHEDULE.” So I guess they’re holding to that. (The all CAPS are not mine; that’s literally, verbatim what it says.) Joe’s radiator seemed okay when he was on the street in front of my house the other night....

01/01/2011 - Buyer - Closure, The car finally arrived tonite! Thx for your help.

Unfortunately, the transport did not happen as scheduled before the Chistmas holiday and that led to the delay. I would not recommend A-AAA transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment