Sunday, January 29, 2012

Preparation for Deconstruction

This build is planned as a complete body off restoration as a daily driver. I am concerned with the reliability of the mechanical components of the chassis & plan on replacing/upgrading/reconditioning all cables, lines and mechanical parts.




In preparation I built a rolling stand to carry the body. It is constructed of 4x4's & measures 8' Long x 6' wide x 2' high w/o the casters. I purchased 10" pneumatic casters from Harbor Freight - 2 fixed-rigid & s swivel. (in retrospect I would use all swivel & make the uprights 1' high)

 

Update: 2' is too high for a comfortable working height on the body. I've cut the uprights down to 1' high.

To protect the components from the New England weather I purchased a 10'x15' shelter is from Harbor Freight. I wanted a place to store the body/chassis while I was working on the other.

Here's the link:http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-15-ft-portable-garage-68217.html



No comments:

Post a Comment