Saturday, November 24, 2012

Right Side Front Fender Rear Section Install


After lining up the outside rocker panel and clamping it in place, I began tack welding the panel to the inner rocker panel

I found the Harbor Freight Spot Welder does an excellent job on lapped panels.

 

The key is to get both panels clamped tightly together.
 

I makes quick work of welding and leves a decent finish

Next I move on the the front fender, rear section that we had to remove to access the door pillar area for restoration.

Initial test fit 
 Fit up after trimming

Used top of replacement panel to determine cut line on existing fender...

...then cut it on the line.

Final fit up, clamped up & ready for welding.
 Tacked...
 ...and welded

The panel had some runs in it from the factory, so I decided to grind off the factory primer and re-prime.
 


Primed...
 ...not bad!

Moving on to the right rear fender front section.
I trimmed the remining section of the rocker panel and began to test fit it.

Done for the day will get back on it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment